When we began to watch the film, I thought it was a documentary (since that's what we are talking about in class). However, I soon figured out that was not the case. At first, I was not at all into it. I didn't understand the point of the film (in fact, I still don't; but that might have something to do with the fact that we didn't finish watching it). But, what I did really like about the film was that the dialog was so real. I really felt as if the characters on screen were having those conversations. Nothing sounded forced or cliche; based solely on the dialog, I would have continued to think it was a documentary. I have a lot of respect for actors who can turn words on a piece of paper into something that sounds like their own thoughts (it takes a lot of talent).
As the story progressed, I found myself getting more and more involved with the story (even though I didn't really understand what was going on). I know the main character used to date the woman who I really think played the sister in Dirty Dancing and is friends with the rich, creepy man. The protagonist wants to produce a movie he's written; however I'm not too sure he's actually written any script. It seems as though he uses that line to get attractive, young ladies to sleep with him.
Then you have the girl who's whole family worships their father as if he's some kind of God. Now, I know she's very attractive, but I don't understand why the protagonist continues to see the girl even after he thinks she's crazy. Unless the only reason is to sleep with her which, if that is the case, causes me to dislike the character even more. However, despite my best effort, I can not fully write him off. While I find this to be a bit annoying, it is a sign of good acting; to be able to pull out two totally different emotions from the audience is a talent few posses.
All in all, I can not make up my mind about Loveless until I finish watching it. Perhaps, as the credit roll I'll be able to fully understand my feelings about the film.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good comment. I feel the same way. Which is why I said "good comment." :)
ReplyDelete